- This event has passed.
Continuum 3: 3-Day Live Patient Treatment Course
October 7 @ 8:00 am - October 9 @ 5:00 pm MDT$5500.00
Schedule: Thursday – Saturday: 8 AM-5 PM MT (Schedule for all 3 days)
Orientation Webinar: September 29, 2021 – 6:00 PM MT (online via learning portal)
Course Instructors: Dr. Karl Koerner and Associates
Participate in Continuum 3, a 3-Day live patient clinical course. This is an in-depth, hands-on experience with “surgical extractions” and related other dentoalveolar procedures. Guaranteed to increase your comfort level. Cases treated will be according to the needs of local patients. This patient treatment course allows doctors to do many difficult, “surgical” extractions. All surgeries are done with personal instruction from experienced clinicians who enjoy teaching and sharing ideas and techniques gained from years of doing hard extractions themselves. There will be a few cases of socket preservation.
Successful completion of:
- Continuum 1 and Continuum 2; or
- Review of qualification by Dr. Koerner (additional online courses may be assigned by Dr. Koerner to meet minimum prerequisite requirements)
Subject Code: 310 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
CE Credit: 32 Hours
Tuition for this course is $5,500
- Hotel accommodations
- Ground transportation
Target Audience: Dentists both in state and out of state may attend this course. Proof of Malpractice Insurance and Dental License must be submitted upon completion of registration.
- You will need a temporary license and insurance.
Continuum 3: 3-Day live patient treatment course
- Personal supervision and instruction from Dr. Karl Koerner and KCSI Faculty
- 7 participants
- 2 participants work together, alternating as operator or assistant
- Case review beforehand
- Case critique following treatment
- Patient evaluation, clinically and radiographically
- PACE-approved, 32 hours of participation credit under code 310 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
These items will be provided for you:
- Surgical handpiece and burs
- Hemostatic gauze
- OsteoGen plugs
- Iodoform gauze
- Collagen plugs
- Bone grafting materials (bone graft and barrier membranes)
- Sutures 3.0 chromic or 4.0 PGA
- Hedstrom files, floss
- 15c scalpel blades
- 2X2 and 4X4 gauze
- Saline irrigation
- Chlorhexidine mouthwash
- Monojet syringe
- Instrument sterilization
- Barrier gowns and caps (you may want to bring your own.)
You will need to bring these items:
Please note that all participants are responsible for their own belongings and equipment. KCSI or WAGD will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.
License and Insurance
Steps to get a temporary Utah license:
Visit the website for instructions and apply online or download the forms.
Contact: Larry Marx at 801-530-6628 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need the following to apply for a Class A Permit.
- $110 non-refundable fee.
- National exam score. Release to Utah.
- Regional dental board score. Release to Utah.
- Dental school transcript. Email to b1@Utah.gov or submit in person or express delivery to the following address.
Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
Heber M Wells Building, 1st Floor Lobby
160 E 300 S Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Steps to get a temporary Utah liability insurance:
Apply here and download the forms: https://pieutah.org/sign-up-now/
- 10 days insurance fee: $10
Submit via email at email@example.com or mail to the following address.
- Professional Insurance Exchange in Utah
445 E 4500 S, Suite 130
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Contact: (801) 262-0200
Director/CEO: Dr, David Alvord
Steps to get an American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification:
Visit the website to learn more and find a course near you.