Continuum 3: 3-Day Live Patient Treatment Course
December 1 @ 8:00 am - December 3 @ 5:00 pm MST$5,995.00
Continuum 3 Waitlist (December 2022)
Schedule: Thursday – Saturday, December 1-3, 2022: 8 AM-5 PM MST (Schedule for all 3 days)
Orientation Webinar: TBD – 6:00 PM MST (Online via Learning Portal)
Course Instructors: Dr. Karl Koerner and Associates
Participate in Continuum 3, a 3-Day live patient clinical course. This is an in-depth, hands-on experience with “surgical extractions” and related other dentoalveolar procedures. Guaranteed to increase your comfort level. Cases treated will be according to the needs of local patients. This patient treatment course allows doctors to do many difficult, “surgical” extractions. All surgeries are done with personal instruction from experienced clinicians who enjoy teaching and sharing ideas and techniques gained from years of doing hard extractions themselves. There will be a few cases of socket preservation.
Successful completion of:
- Introduction to Surgical Extractions Course / Continuum 1 Course; or
- Experience in extractions (minimum of 25 surgical extractions). For further review of qualifications please reach out to our customer service or Dr. Koerner
Subject Code: 310 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
CE Credit: 32 Hours
Tuition for this course is $5,995
- Hotel accommodations
- Ground transportation
Target Audience: Dentists both in state and out of state may attend this course. Proof of Malpractice Insurance and Dental License must be submitted upon completion of registration.
- You will need a temporary license and insurance.
Continuum 3: 3-Day live patient treatment course
- Personal supervision and instruction from Dr. Karl Koerner and KCSI Faculty
- 6 participants
- 2 participants work together, alternating as operator or assistant
- Case review beforehand
- Case critique following treatment
- Patient evaluation, clinically and radiographically
- PACE-approved, 32 hours of participation credit under code 310 Oral and Maxillofacial Surger
Allied Health Building
550 E 300 S
Kaysville, UT 84037
These items will be provided for you:
- Surgical handpiece and burs
- Hemostatic gauze
- OsteoGen plugs
- Iodoform gauze
- Collagen plugs
- Bone grafting materials (bone graft and barrier membranes)
- Sutures 3.0 chromic or 4.0 PGA
- Hedstrom files, floss
- 15c scalpel blades
- 2X2 and 4X4 gauze
- Saline irrigation
- Chlorhexidine mouthwash
- Monojet syringe
- Instrument sterilization
- Barrier gowns and caps (you may want to bring your own.)
You will need to bring these items:
Please note that all participants are responsible for their own belongings and equipment. KCSI or WAGD will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Temporary Utah License and Insurance
Steps to get a temporary Utah license:
Apply for a Class A Permit, you will need the following:
- $110 non-refundable fee.
- National exam score.
- Regional dental board score.
- Dental school transcript.
Contact: Larry Marx at 801-530-6628 and email@example.com.
- Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
Heber M Wells Building, 1st Floor Lobby
160 E 300 S Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Permits generally take 1-2 weeks to process.
Steps to get a temporary Utah liability insurance:
Apply here and download the forms: https://pieutah.org/sign-up-now/
- 10 days insurance fee: $75
Submit via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the following address.
- Professional Insurance Exchange in Utah
445 E 4500 S, Suite 130
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Contact: (801) 262-0200
Director/CEO: Dr, David Alvord
Steps to get an American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification:
Visit the website to learn more and find a course near you.
This course is nonrefundable if cancelled three weeks prior to the course date. Exceptions to receiving a full refund is done on a case-by-case basis and whether the attendee can find another qualified doctor to take their place for the same course and course date.
This course is presented by KCSI in conjunction with Roseman College of Dental Medicine.