- This event has passed.
Stem Cell Therapy in Dentistry: 1-Day Course
February 26 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm PST
Date: February 26, 2022
Venue: Invitrix Therapeutics
Address: 20503 Crescent Bay Dr, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Phone: (949) 856-3142
CE Hours: 8 hours of PACE CE credit (1 hour online, 7 hours live hands-on)
Description and Outline:
Free 1-Hour Online Course (1.0 Hour CE)
Stem cells and their counterparts, exosomes, have become a part of dental practice. They are in a similar realm to PRP and PRF, but on a more profound scale. Stem cells are unique because they can become any type of cell, acting as both building blocks and repair mechanisms in the body. They may be purchased by an FDA “regulated” lab to treat dental patients for appropriate indications. Dr. Koerner conducts this interview with Dr. Xerxez Calilung.
1-Day Course in Lake Forest, CA (7.0 Hours CE)
The one-hour introduction to stem cells and exosomes you have already watched gave you insight into the potential of live-birth, umbilical cord tissues to change patients’ lives for the better. Hopefully, you have been able to access and review some of the scholarly and peer-reviewed articles on Dr. Calilung’s website. You have probably watched his patient testimonials. This field of medicine has been emerging for years and is now at a point where it is accessible to the dental profession. Half of this one-day course is delving deeper into indications, contraindications, patient selection, administration of the stem cells or exosomes, and patient (and doctor) post-treatment expectations. The other half is administering it to pre-selected patients or observing it being administered to patients.
- Which health conditions respond well to stem cell therapy and which are more resistant to favorable outcomes.
- What constitutes a “favorable” outcome?
- Which type of umbilical stem cells, particles, and/or molecules are shown to be most effective in current research.
- How stem cells or other umbilical cord products are administered by dentists. Especially if in the mouth, where and how much at one time?
- How much does stem cell therapy cost?
- How fast you can see results from this therapy?
- Why are there some detractors against this treatment modality?
- Patient treatment.
Following this presentation, dentists will:
- From research data and instructor experience, know which types of stem cell products would be most likely to provide the best outcome.
- Know better which patients and health conditions are most likely to respond favorably to stem cell therapy and in approximately what period of time.
- Know how much to give and how/where to administer it.
- Be aware of any potential adverse effects to treatment.
About Dr. Calilung:
Dr. Xerxez Calilung is a graduate of USC School of Dentistry and has a private practice in Irvine, CA. He has been an Adjunct Professor at USC since 1993 and also served in organized dentistry at various levels and in several leadership positions. Dr. Calilung has been using stem cells and exosomes clinically in his dental practice treating nearly 1000 patients since 2017. He performs stem cell research, teaches other dentists, and provides support to patients with health problems refractory to traditional treatment. In dentistry, he is a recognized leader in this medical discipline.
Airport: Orange County (John Wayne) in Santa Ana, CA
Recommended Hotel: Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa Newport Beach with airport shuttle