Continuum 1: 22 Hours Online (8 Hours Didactic, 14 Hours Hands-On Model Work) – November 12-13, 2021
July 13, 2021 9:06 am
$1,299.00 – $1,449.00
Seats are still available!
Click here to register!
This is a 22-hour online, hands-on model work course, divided into two parts: 8 hours online, didactic with self-paced instruction videos and 14 hours online, hands-on model work, remote live instruction, with you working from your own dental operatory or lab.
Lecture/Workshop, Self-Instruction, Online
8 Hours Online, Didactic – Prerequisite
- Complete at your own pace before Friday, November 12, 2021.
14 Hours Online, Hands-On Model Work
- Date: Friday and Saturday, November 12-13, 2021
- 7 AM-3 PM PDT (Lunch break at 12 PM with a few short breaks.)
- 8 AM-4 PM MDT (Lunch break at 1 PM with a few short breaks.)
- 9 AM-5 PM CDT (Lunch break at 2 PM with a few short breaks.)
- 10 AM-6 PM EDT (Lunch break at 3 PM with a few short breaks.)
- Location: Zoom (Links are found in the online lab course)
- Day 1 – Friday, November 12, 2021: Intermittent Didactic/Participation
- Dental Operatory or lab location with WiFi. Can be conducted in your home if you have an electric motor and handpiece (such as a lab bench engine or implant motor with straight attachment.) You may also use a high-speed drill in your office.
- Day 2 – Saturday, November 13, 2021: Intermittent Didactic/Participation
- Dental operatory or lab with WiFi.
Venue in Houston, TX
Dental Health Products, Inc (DHP)
1631 Gillingham Lane
Sugar Land, Texas 77478
Instruments You Will Need
You will be responsible for providing all instruments and common office supplies from this list.
Instruments easy to have ready:
- Periosteal elevator: sharp point, sharp on sides, prefer curved on each end as a Molt #9
- Needle holder: 6” long is standard
- Surgical scissor: 6 “ long is standard
- 151 forcep: “apical” style is the current standard (thin, tapered)
- 301 elevator: could be a different small elevator, about 2mm wide
- Luxator 3mm straight: sharp at tip, thin for 4mm, curved at tip
- Surgical spoon curette: long shank, 4mm wide at tip, sharp
- Root tip picks (2): like Heidbrink (#2-3) medium size
- Scalpel handle for 15 or 15c blade: prefer flat with ruler
- Retractor: Seldin 23 or Minnesota
- Rongeur and bone file: Prefer Blumenthal 30 degree rongeur and HF 2X bone file as it is very sharp.
Instruments hard to get, which you may need to borrow or buy:
- Mini Cryers: as HF 21-22 (5mm back to front, 5mm wide at base Cogswell B
- Adson-Brown 43 tissue pick-ups with multiple teeth
Other items you will need:
- “Surgical” highspeed handpiece (could use a regular highspeed (not standard of care)
- Slowspeed straight handpiece or surgical straight handpiece
- Cabinet space in operatory to work on.
- Barrier gown to protect clothing
- Air (air/water syringe)
- Overhead light and headlight
- Sharps container
- Strong WiFi
- Computer near the work area (usually a laptop)
- Webcam (preferably separate from the computer)
- Webcam stand
Supplies Provided by KCSI
KCSI will provide a kit of special supplies and a model, shipped to your mailing address.
- Dentoform Model
- Particulate bone graft (1cc)
- PTFE barrier membrane for GBR
- Small piece of collagen membrane
- Simulated OsgteoGen Plug (ear plugs)
- 3 packs of black silk suture C-6 or FS-2 needle 4.0 (easier to see and use than the normal 3.0 or 4.0 chromic gut)
- Two 15c scalpel blades
- 1 Hedstrom file, size 25 or 30 and 31mm long
- Monoject syringe
- 3 burs: 701,702,#8 round; SL friction grip or 44.5 mm long straight handpiece burs as mentioned
- Small cup to hold water
This post was written by Site Admin