Continuum 1: Two-day Surgical Hands-on Lab + 8 Hour Online
January 23, 2020 11:35 am
Published by Site Admin
Seats are still available!
Click here to choose a date and register!
This is a 22-hour online, hands-on model work course, divided into two parts: 8 hours online, didactic with self-paced instruction videos and 14 hours online, hands-on model work, remote live instruction, with you working from your own dental operatory or lab.
- Part 1: 8 Hours Online, Didactic – Prerequisite, Surgical Introductory Course (Online)
- *Note: If you have already taken this 8 hours online, didactic course, contact us to receive a reduced price on the full Continuum 1: Online course.
- Part 2: 14 Hours Online, Hands-On Model Work
- Date: Friday and Saturday (choose your date)
- You will need to provide your own instruments and some common office supplies.
- KCSI will provide a kit of special supplies and a model, shipped to your mailing address.
- For a list of required instruments and supplies, see the tabs below or download this PDF, KCSI Continuum 1 Online Instruments and Supplies List.
$50 – Express Shipping Charge for Course Materials
This fee will be required if registering less than 7 days before the live lab start date.
$100 – Optional: Work from Home! Rental of Surgical Handpiece
1 way shipping included. Handpiece must be returned to KCSI within 14 days to avoid $250 penalty. You pay return shipping.
Lecture/Workshop, Self-Instruction, Online
8 Hours Online, Didactic – Prerequisite
- Complete at your own pace before the first day of the live lab.
14 Hours Online, Hands-On Model Work
- Date: Friday and Saturday
- 7 AM-3 PM PDT (Lunch break at 12 PM with a few short breaks.)
- 8 AM-4 PM MDT (Lunch break at 1 PM with a few short breaks.)
- 9 AM-5 PM CDT (Lunch break at 2 PM with a few short breaks.)
- 10 AM-6 PM EDT (Lunch break at 3 PM with a few short breaks.)
- Location: Zoom (Links are found in the online lab course)
- Day 1 – Friday: Intermittent Didactic/Participation
- Dental Operatory or lab location with WiFi. Can be conducted in your home if you have an electric motor and handpiece (such as a lab bench engine or implant motor with straight attachment.) You may also use a high-speed drill in your office.
- Day 2 – Saturday: Intermittent Didactic/Participation
- Dental operatory or lab with WiFi.
Instruments You Will Need
You will be responsible for providing all instruments and common office supplies from this list.
Instruments easy to have ready:
- Periosteal elevator: sharp point, sharp on sides, prefer curved on each end as a Molt #9
- Needle holder: 6” long is standard
- Surgical scissor: 6 “ long is standard
- 151 forcep: “apical” style is the current standard (thin, tapered)
- 301 elevator: could be a different small elevator, about 2mm wide
- Luxator 3mm straight: sharp at tip, thin for 4mm, curved at tip
- Surgical spoon curette: long shank, 4mm wide at tip, sharp
- Root tip picks (2): like Heidbrink (#2-3) medium size
- Scalpel handle for 15 or 15c blade: prefer flat with ruler
- Retractor: Seldin 23 or Minnesota
- Rongeur and bone file: Prefer Blumenthal 30 degree rongeur and HF 2X bone file as it is very sharp.
Instruments hard to get, which you may need to borrow or buy:
- Mini Cryers: as HF 21-22 (5mm back to front, 5mm wide at base Cogswell B
- Adson-Brown 43 tissue pick-ups with multiple teeth
Other items you will need:
- “Surgical” highspeed handpiece (could use a regular highspeed (not standard of care)
- Slowspeed straight handpiece or surgical straight handpiece
- Cabinet space in operatory to work on.
- Barrier gown to protect clothing
- Air (air/water syringe)
- Overhead light and headlight
- Sharps container
- Strong WiFi
- Computer near the work area (usually a laptop)
- Webcam (preferably separate from the computer)
- Webcam stand
Supplies Provided by KCSI
KCSI will provide a kit of special supplies and a model, shipped to your mailing address.
- Dentoform Model
- Particulate bone graft (1cc)
- PTFE barrier membrane for GBR
- Small piece of collagen membrane
- Simulated OsgteoGen Plug (ear plugs)
- 3 packs of black silk suture C-6 or FS-2 needle 4.0 (easier to see and use than the normal 3.0 or 4.0 chromic gut)
- Two 15c scalpel blades
- 1 Hedstrom file, size 25 or 30 and 31mm long
- Monoject syringe
- 3 burs: 701,702,#8 round; SL friction grip or 44.5 mm long straight handpiece burs as mentioned
- Small cup to hold water
This post was written by Site Admin
Comments are closed here.