- October 7-9, 2021; 8 AM-5 PM PST (Schedule for all 3 days)
- December 2-4, 2021; 8 AM-5 PM PST (Schedule for all 3 days)
Course Instructors: Dr. Karl Koerner and Associates
This patient treatment course allows doctors to do many difficult “surgical” extractions in a 3-day period. All surgeries are done with personal instruction from experienced clinicians who enjoy teaching, sharing ideas and techniques, and that help general dentists do their cases faster, smoother, and more predictably. One clinical instructor is assigned to each operatory and two doctors assist each other. There will be at least two socket preservation procedures. We try to work in intraosseous injections, buffering local anesthetic, and periosteal release to advance buccal flaps over bone grafts. There may be erupted and impacted third molars, exostoses, frenectomies and other procedures depending on what the patients need. However, the emphasis is on surgical extractions.
It is preferred that attendees have some experience with exodontia prior to this course. Just as a review, participants will be able to watch 8 hours of surgery training followed by an assessment before coming to the 3-day course.
Successful completion of:
- Continuum 1 and Continuum 2; or
- Review of qualification by Dr. Koerner (additional online courses may be assigned by Dr. Koerner to meet minimum prerequisite requirements)
Subject Code: 310 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
CE Credit: 32 Hours
Tuition for this course is $5,000
- Hotel accommodations
- Ground transportation
Target Audience: Dentists both in state and out of state may attend this course. Proof of Malpractice Insurance and Dental License must be submitted upon completion of registration.
- You will need a temporary license and insurance.
Continuum 3: 3-Day live patient treatment course
- Personal supervision and instruction from Dr. Karl Koerner and KCSI Faculty
- 6 participants
- 2 participants work together, alternating as operator or assistant
- Case review beforehand
- Case critique following treatment
- Patient evaluation, clinically and radiographically
- PACE-approved, 32 hours of participation credit under code 310 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery