Upcoming Live Course
Presented by: Dr. Xerxez Calilung and Dr. Karl Koerner
Length: 1.0 Hour
Course Format: On-Demand Online Course
Stem cells and their counterparts, exosomes, have become a part of dental practice. They are in a similar realm to PRP and PRF, but on a more profound scale. Stem cells are unique because they can become any type of cell, acting as both building blocks and repair mechanisms in the body. They may be purchased by an FDA “regulated” lab to treat dental patients for appropriate indications. Dr. Koerner conducts this interview with Dr. Xerxez Calilung.
- The development of stem cells and exosomes to treat medical and dental health conditions.
- How dentists, including general dentists, can become competent to administer stem cell products to their patients.
- The oral and maxillofacial situations for which they are currently being used, such as trigeminal neuralgia, TMD pain, Bells palsy, dry mouth, faster ortho treatment, faster and more complete healing with difficult surgical procedures, more dense bone and faster integration with dental implants, facial rejuvenation (topically), and others.
- How they work in concert with the body’s immune system to mitigate pain and enhance the healing response.
- That using stem cells in dentistry is included within the scope of “oral medicine”.
- How stem cells are non-allergenic, antibacterial, and have an extremely low incidence of complications.
- The ethical implications of dentists using stem cells to treat the oral manifestations of systemic diseases.
- How to partner with physicians for treatment of diseases that are not limited to only oral and maxillofacial regions.
Following this presentation, dentists will:
- Understand more about how stem cells and associated products are derived for patient use.
- Realize their potential to accelerate healing processes in the body, including the oral and maxillofacial region.
- Learn from research data and case reports how dental patients are benefitting from this therapy.
About Dr. Calilung:
Dr. Xerxez Calilung is a graduate of USC School of Dentistry and has a private practice in Irvine, CA. He has been an Adjunct Professor at USC since 1993 and also served in organized dentistry at various levels and in several leadership positions. Dr. Calilung has been using stem cells and exosomes clinically in his dental practice treating nearly 1000 patients since 2017. He performs stem cell research, teaches other dentists, and provides support to patients with health problems refractory to traditional treatment. In dentistry, he is a recognized leader in this medical discipline.