Surgical Introductory Course
This course will equip you with answers to:
- How do I loosen roots quickly?
- How do I preserve the buccal plate?
- What if the root structure chips away?
- Where is it acceptable to remove bone?
- What are the best instruments for extractions?
- How do I suture efficiently and effectively?
Surgical Extractions 2.5 hours
- Introduction, Models, “How to Do Better”
- Level of Competence, When to Refer
- “Standard from the Past”, Avoiding Opioids
- Case Study – 27 Year Old Woman
- Step-by-Step Extraction (Steps 1-4)
- Step-by-Step Extraction (Steps 5-6)
- Instruments for Apically Extracting
- Alternatives to the Luxator and Periotome Bur
- Closing the Knowledge Gap Between Dentists and Oral Surgeons
- The Most Effective Instruments for Surgery: Basic
- Ways to Organize and Sterilize, Burs for Oral Surgery
- Sectioning a Tooth
- Suction Tips, Quality Aspirators
- Flaps and Sutures
- Evaluating for CR, Malpractice
The Maxillary Sinus and Tooth Extractions 1 hour
- Detecting and Treating a Sinus Perforation
- Exposed Sinus Membrane
- Preventing Tuberosity Fractures
- Sectioning Maxillary Molars, Risks with CPAP Devices
- Sinus Closure with Bone Grafting
Moderate Third Molar Surgery Impactions 1 hour
- Emphasis on Youth Patients
- Steroid Precautions
- Ideal Case for the General Dentist
- Tooth is Gone, Now What?
- Dry Socket, Subperiosteal Abscess
- Instruments for Upper Impactions
Multiple Extractions and Related Concerns .5 hour
- Removal of Multiple Teeth Alveoplasty
- Alveoplasty Procedure, Part 1
- Alveoplasty Procedure, Part 2
Bisphosphonates .5 hour
- MRONJ Symptoms & Medications
- Risks & Procedures, Staging & Tx Strategies
- Extractions, Case Studies
Oral Cancer .75 hour
- Biopsies on Oral Lesions
- Malignant Oral Lesions, Change in Trends, Emerging Risk Factors
- Screening Devices, OralPath Dx, Case Studies
Incision and Drainage .75 hour
- Infections, Notes from Dr. Alonge
- Buffering Local Anesthetics
- Drug Information Handbook, Antibiotics
- Case for Conservatism, Drain & Compress
Bone Grafting for Socket Preservation 1 hour
- When to Graft?
- Collagen Membranes
- PRF, Other Methods of Grafting Implants & Antibiotics
CE Credits: 8 Hours
Surgical Introductory Course (Online) is the lead-in to the four-part KCSI certification program, enabling general dentists to master office dental surgery and to make it easier, more predictable and more profitable.