In part 2 of the Third Molar Extraction certificate courses you will shadow a Koerner Center certified instructor through a day of surgical extractions of third molars. You will visit the Instructors facility on a day that is mutually convenient to you and to the instructor. For your convenience, there are instructors in different parts of the country and you will be matched to the instructor closest to you.
Upon registration you will be contacted by a coordinator from the Koerner Center to schedule your participation in the Shadow Surgery program.
In Part 2 you will:
- Shadow a dental surgeon(GP who does only surgery) for a day as he/she
treats surgery patients (doing mostly third molars).
- See the flow, the interaction with the host office, how they schedule,
who does what regarding post-op problems
- Participate in case selection, how and when they
review radiographs, methods of sedation (if used)
- Learn how to manage medical emergencies
- Observe and assist in the surgical techniques of a dentist highly experienced in dental surgery
- Experience the use of the pre- and post-op forms and protocols
- Enjoy hands-on experience with the instruments, equipment, and supplies are necessary to dental surgery
- Discuss the pros and con of “travel” surgery
- Explore the practice building potential of incorporating third molar extractions into your practice
- Experience the management of assistants in surgical extractions
- Get immediate, well-informed and personal feedback on all your questions and concerns.