Continuum 1: 22 Hours (8 Hours Online Didactic, 14 Hours Hands-On Model Work)
This is a 22-hour course divided into two parts: 8 hours online didactic with self-paced instruction videos and 14 hours hands-on model work at the course venue or online from your office or home.
- Part 1: 8 Hours Online, Didactic
- Note: If you have already taken Introduction to Surgical Extractions, contact us to receive a reduced price on Continuum 1.
- Part 2: 14 Hours, Hands-On Model Work
Continuum 1: 22 Hours (8 Hours Online Didactic, 14 Hours Hands-On Model Work)July 14 @ 9:00 am - July 15 @ 5:00 pm CDT at Dental Health Products, Inc (DHP)
Continuum 1: 22 Hours (8 Hours Online Didactic, 14 Hours Hands-On Model Work)September 22 @ 9:00 am - September 23 @ 5:00 pm CDT at GC America Inc. Education Center
Topics Covered in Part 1: 8 Hours Online, Didactic
- Surgical Extractions
- Periotome Bur/Luxator ‘system’ for root removal
- Managing Moderate Third Molar Impactions
- What to Do When Complications Occur
- Maxillary Sinus
- Preventing and Treating Perforations
- Tuberosity Fractures
- Infection Control
- Bone Grafting Techniques for Socket Preservation
- Multiple Extractions and Ridge Grooming
- Bleeding Management
- Incision and Drainage
- When to Refer
Topics Covered in Part 2: 14 Hours, Hands-On Model Work
Discussion ranges from basic to advanced.
- Faster “surgical” extractions
- Subtleties of sectioning and easier root retrieval
- Flaps and suturing for exodontia and socket grafting
- Extractions and the sinus
- Multiple extractions and disease removal/alveoplasty
- Exostoses excision and frenectomy
- Incision, drainage and managing infection
- Moderate third molar impactions, mandibular and maxillary case selection and things you need to know to avoid complications.