Continuum 2 is a self-study curriculum, 40 hours with study guides and assessments. The course materials include video presentations by Dr. Karl Koerner and KCSI instructors, professional journal articles and key chapters from Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 7th Edition
by James Hupp, Myron Tucker, Edward Ellis.
You will receive a copy of the textbook, Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 7th Edition by James Hupp, Myron Tucker, Edward Ellis when you register for Continuum 2.
- 40 hours instructor-supported online instruction
- Each module includes video lectures, demonstrations, discussions, reading assignments, and mastery assessments.
- You must demonstrate knowledge from handouts and articles for all course materials.
- A comprehensive online proctored exam will be given with a minimum passing grade of 90%.
Part I: Principles of Surgery
Chapter 1: Preoperative Health Status Evaluation
Chapter 2: Prevention and Management of Medical Emergencies
Chapter 3: Principles of Surgery
Chapter 4: Wound Repair
Chapter 5: Infection Control in Surgical Practice
Chapter 6: Pain and Anxiety Control in Surgical Practice
Part II: Principles of Exodontia
Chapter 7: Instrumentation for Basic Oral Surgery
Chapter 8: Principles of Routine Exodontia
Chapter 9: Principles of More Complex Exodontia
Chapter 10: Principles of Management of Impacted Teeth
Chapter 11: Postextraction Patient Management
Chapter 12: Medicolegal Considerations
Part III: Preposthetic and Implant Surgery
Chapter 13: Preprosthetic Surgery
- Upper First Molar with Problems
- Excisional Biopsy
- Clinical and Anatomic Observations on the Relationship of the Lingual Nerve to the Mandibular Third
- Lingual Nerve: Discussion
- Routine and Complicated Extractions: Avoiding and Managing Complications
- Comparative Study of Effect of Single and Multiple Suture Techniques on Inflammatory Complications
After Third Molar Surgery
- Treatment in the Dental Practice of the Patient Receiving Anticoagulation Therapy