Impacted Third Molar Course With Hands-On Model Work: Last Chance to Register
This week is your last chance to register for KCSI’s Hands-On Model Surgery Course on Impacted Third Molars. Not many valuable CE courses are held outside of regular business hours- this one is a gem! This course is for dentists who want to give their patients more access to critical treatment, such as third molar extraction. Register today to ensure timely delivery of your surgery models.
Watch This to Find Out Why This is the Next Course You Need:
Course Details and Schedule
Zoom Sessions (Didactic)
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:00-10:00 PM CDT
- Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 7:00-10:00 PM CDT
8-Hour Hands-On (Model Surgery and Live Patient Treatment – Demo)
- Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CDT
Location: Dallas, TX (in-person) or via Zoom
Location for in-person:
- FORTE Implant Center
424 Maplelawn Dr
Plano, TX 75075
*Lunch and light refreshments will be provided for in-person participants.
Maximum In-Person Attendees: 15 dentists
In-Person Attendee: $3,700 COVID SALE PRICE $2500
Bring a Friend (2+ Registering At the Same Time*): Bring a colleague and get $600 off two registrations: $2,200 Each – Discount applied automatically in cart
*If you don’t want to pay for both registrations with one credit card, call us for a discount code to offer to your friend.
- Read articles before you arrive. Will be sent to you as PDF files.
- You are encouraged to bring x-rays of cases you anticipate doing in the future.
- Course content will primarily be with mild to moderately difficult cases. The principles presented will be applicable to more advanced practitioners who perform more difficult cases.
Outline for Zoom Sessions (Didactic)
- Review some info from articles you read prior to coming.
- Review handout on what you will do on the models.
- Age, anatomy and other diagnostic factors
- Avoiding and managing complications
- Bleeding, teeth that can be lost in anatomic spaces
- Avoiding, dealing with nerve injury
- Other complications
Outline for 8-Hour Hands-On (Model Surgery)
MODEL 1 (2 teeth): Mandibular mesioangular impactions and mandibular vertical impaction/coronectomy
- Patient forms used for third molar surgery
MODEL 3 (2 teeth): Maxillary vertical and mesioangular impactions
DISCUSSION OF MILD TO MODERATE CASES WITH DR. ROBERTS AND DR. KOERNER:
- Benefits of sedation for oral surgery
MODEL 2A (1 tooth): Mandibular horizontal impaction
- Technique for complete bony impactions (vs. partial bony)
- Technique for distoangular third molar impactions.
MODEL 2B (1 tooth): Mandibular distoangular third molar impaction
If necessary, we will provide additional information in a follow up webinar or have the information available in the KCSI Learning Portal.
DISCUSSION OF DIFFICULT CASES WITH DR. ROBERTS AND DR. KOERNER:
- Identify difficult cases
- Knowing when to refer
KCSI does not accept responsibility for the misuse of knowledge, poor judgment, or patient harm from performance outside the standard of care which we teach.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Dena Rathbun